Monday, January 2, 2012

The Classic Satchel

Like most fashion crazed girls I dream of one day owning an Hermes Birkin Bag. Nothing is quite as classic with its minimal hardware and sturdy shape.

Named after the actress Jane Birkin- when Birkin was on a flight with an Hermes designer the contents of her straw bag fell all over the ground and she complained she could not find a good weekend bag to hold all her belongings. Thus the Birkin bag was created, large enough to hold lots of stuff with a closure sturdy enough to keep it all secured.

While the price range of a Birkin will most likely keep this bag a bag of my dreams not of my reality ( sigh, $9,000), I figure I can get a similar classic look with some other satchel styles. Here are some of my favorites:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment